I used to do this thing.
It was called the #fridaypoll.
It was loved.
It was popular.
Then I killed it.
Blame divorce, work, lack of time, etc.
But guess what?
You guys kept asking me.
And bugging me.
And begging me.
It’s coming back.
Between now and Friday you need to get up to speed.
You need to read.
You need to learn how it is done.
#fridaypoll never dies.
The Friday Poll started with this. A very simple question to the twitterverse about which basic shape was everyone’s favourite. It got heated. People were talking symbolism and weaponry and immigration and religion. Triangles won. From that very random post on that very random day, the weekly Friday Poll was born.
People from all over the world got involved and every Friday the battle raged via Facebook, Twitter, G+ and the blog.
The poll was/is usually given to me by a friend or follower, and after non-scientific research, basically trial and error, typically the most popular polls are the most off beat ones.
Need to catch up? Here are the Friday Polls so far from most recent to the original:
- Xmas Movie Traditions
- Which form of social media is like crack?
- Favourite Type of Red Wine
- Weirdest Farm Animal Noise
- The Sports One
- Romy or Michele?
- Best Evil Ex from Scott Pilgrim
- Best Thundercat
- Best Ghostbuster
- Best Actor to play Bond, James Bond.
- Which A-Team character are you?
- Best Mythical Creature – Round Three
- Best Mythical Creature – Round Two
- Best Mythical Creature – Round One
- Best Character In The Breakfast Club
- Best Animal to Eat Your Enemy
- Best Dinosaur
- Best Weapon to Kill a Zombie
- Who Became a Success: Tinman, Lion. Scarecrow
- Favourite Member of the Beatles
- Best Indy Flick
- Dogs vs/ Cats
- Most Irritating Aussie Animal
- Best Tarantino
- Worst Cereal
- Greatest Mario Kart Driver
- Which Voltron Pwned the Force
- Best Basic Shape
This time around I won’t be able to re-tweet everything like I used to in the past because I will be at work work, unlike before when I was doing freelance work, but if you set up the #fridaypoll search you will be able to track it easily.
Remember, as always this is not a one person show – the more the merrier is absolutely the case when it comes to this. If you have any ideas for future Friday Polls or if you’d like to write a post for a future Friday Poll, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
The #fridaypoll – it’s very.
It’s also very back.